Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Three Years at NYP (Part 1)

No main reason why I want to write this. Just thought that I should record all these down before my memory fails me one day...

Pharmaceutical Science wasn't my first choice, I remember. In fact, it was my fifth. However, this was the first choice of my interest. My first choice was actually TP's Aviation Management. I remembered that Xiaomao & I promised that we would make it into this course together. She made it, I didn't. I didn't make it to my second, third and fourth choice either, as all of them are hospitality related. Why did I put all these choices in the beginning, was because I was thinking about my future at the IR when I graduated instead of my interest. So, it was Pharmaceutical Science.

I remembered I woke up super early to check my posting. & I was a little sad when I got posted to NYP. It's so far!! & I wanted to appeal to TP instead. But when i scrolled down the list, there wasn't any courses that interest me. My intention was to appeal to their Biomedical Science, but someone told me that this course was hard as my friend had suffered during her time studying. Then Mommy says that if Pharm Science is something of my interest, then I might as well stay in it, IF I can wake up early everyday. So i stayed put & did not make any appeal.

& I received my orientation package. But I blur blur de read the dates wrongly, & missed the first two days of my orientation. & also, JX kor told me that the orientation leader would call us, so I was blindly waiting for my call. How funny... So i only went to the last day of orientation.My first friend was PeiFang. We clicked, because we were both staying in Tampines. & the only thing I did that day was to select my elective module. Didn't had much choice to choose from-- only Business Mandarin. The other thing that I remembered from that day was, I was messaging JX kor the whole day in NYP. I don't know why I remembered this though...

After that, our mentor, Mr William How & another food science lecturer held a joint orientation with our classes on another separate day. We played tons of stuffs that day. That day was also the day I got to know Janella & PeiShan...

to be continued...

No comments: